Saturday, February 4, 2012

work in progress 2-4-12

This is the pallette I'm using for laying down the sky washes on my painting. The pool at the upper left is ultramarine blue, top right is paynes gray, and bottom left is raw umber. Applying them at the right time and amount is where some skill and experience are your best friend.

The trip we took to see family in Nebraska was cut short when we left early to avoid the huge snow storm coming our way. We traveled just ahead of the storm and avoided the 6-10" of snow and now we are sitting in our warm house playing with Charlie our grandson as the snow finally caught up with us.
This photo shows me pointing at the area of the sky where I applied some Prussian Blue into the Paynes Gray. I had two brushes going at once, one in each hand.

No comments: