Monday, December 29, 2014

Caitlin 12/29/14

Caitlin,  I believe this painting is finished but I would like to take another day or two to look it over and tweak it if necessary.  The sky went down very easy which is always a good thing but I was surprised how easy and quickly the birch trees were put in, I use a very fine brush and lay multiple strokes of paint to get it just right. I was concerned with the foreground snow but it too was built in four layers and the final one looked great. The canvas is painted on all four edges so you can frame it or hang it unframed, lastly I will coat it with acrylic varnish for a protective layer. I hope you like it! Feel free to contact me or Donna will get with you regarding payment and shipment.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Hello Steve! The painting looks incredible! Sorry I am late to checking out the painting. I got Donna’s text yesterday, I have been without internet access since the 27th and just gained access this morning in Chicago.

I agree that the trees look incredible (as does everything else!). The precision is astonishing, the branches look so photo-realistic. I was wondering if there might me just a dab maore snow on the left portion of the slanted roof. Would that be possible? And the only other thing I'd request (if possible only) is to have the window portion on the doors there next to the deck, if they could be slightly more grey to reveal that they are windows. There appears to be a little grey right now, but also a little red. Would it be possible to have the windows appear slightly more grey?

I am so so pleased to see how beautiful the painting looks, and I can't wait to receive it!